Sunday, January 23, 2011

X-rays & Goal 1

It's never to late to set goals.

Some people are better at setting goals. Some people are better at accomplishing their goals.

In my "sparrow" way of flying, I pretty much try to avoid the word. Until this year.

In desperation for help with my migraines, I am now under chiropractic care. (The shots are no longer as effective and I hate what they do to my system. The chiropractor I chose comes highly recommended. It is a big step for this skeptic.)

As I sat quietly and more than a little nervous in the chiropractor's office, up onto the lighted panel went my x-rays. Hmmm. A hushed little chirp. Here were the words offered up by the good doctor.

Scoliosis
Degenerative Discs
Misalignment of cervical vertebrae - thus causing the migraines

I don't want to go into my health maladies. We ALL have something to deal with, right? I only share the above to get to the below.

I sure was glad as I perched on the table that I was able to share with the doc that I am working on the weight issue and that I have been consistently exercising since last September.

Whew...  

You know my penchant for letters. Interesting that the first two letters in goal is GO.  At the onset of 2011, I had made12 goals in this arena of health. One for each month. I'm happy to report that I'm one pound away from making Goal 1. And I still have seven days. Think I can make it? 

It is a humble journey. It is an all too familiar journey - and one with too little success. It is a journey that requires courage and more determination than this too-large a sparrow can muster. But God.

I love these lifting thoughts from I Corinthians:

The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.

I'm on the lookout for ways out. And perhaps, honesty is a good beginning. Accountability.

If you have set any goals, or would like to, I'd love to hear them. If you have some deep struggles in one area of life as I have, I'd be happy to pray with and for you. (I closed off the "comments" on my blog because of the many who weren't able to do it.) My email box is always open - monkjo@live.com

On the LIGHTER side, I bought some new moisturizer (sorry guys who are reading) and it really did make my skin look "dewey" as promised. Along with a new heather green sweater, Sparrow has sufficiently treated herself for making goal. Optimistic Sparrow:)

Flying determined,
margi 

PS - My son Bret has hijacked my camera as he renovates his basement. Sorry this post has no photos.