Wednesday, March 13, 2013

funk, flunk and framework

So, here is my question for you. 

What do you do to pull yourself out of a funk? Or when you feel like a flunk?

I've noticed most often it happens when I am operating outside a framework

Now that I have the three words of my title in the post, I will tie it all together, eventually:)

First, here is some life on my non-funk days . . .

New raincoat purchase that I got to wear with the warmer temps this past week. No boots! Walmart $27. Love the POP of color! (Scruffy never one to be left out of a post.)

 

Finding Spring in hostessing. Simple menu: Stuffed Shells & Green Salad




Home organization. Jars & Bins









All work and no play. My first French Dining experience. Downtown Cleveland with the Fab5 Bible study pals. 


From French to Home Comfy Food. From my oven.



Walking 3 miles now and actually enjoying it. Who woulda thunk it? 



If I ended the post here it would be only telling some of the story. 

One of my determinations in life is to be authentic. 

Sharing not only good and great days but also struggles and failings and funks and flunkings. 

The days where words don't write. The bed calls you back. Energy seems to have left your address. Vision has blurred. 

Back to the beginning question. What's a girl to do to get her mojo back? 

I find that to keep my 118.2 pounds off that I lost last year, I need to operate within a very clear framework. Bouncing around doing what I feel like doing pretty soon has me nibbling plowing my way through Applebee's chip basket. 

Same with the rest of my life. 

God gave me a verse this week that is so simple. So simple I was able to memorize it in one sitting. 

He found me a framework to adjust my thinking and my heart.

"Trust in God, and do good. Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness."
           Psalm 37:3 

God knew I needed some simple instruction to pull me up. 

Trust - lean into God even when I can't see where the day is going.
Do - not what I feel like doing but what makes God smile on my day.
Dwell - (in the land? Still working my way through what this means.) 
Feed - not on chocolate but on God's faithfulness. Befriend His help.

I wish all our days were sunshiny and energetic and walking perfectly with our Savior. Mine aren't and I've a feeling there might be 1 or 2 or 10 of you whose aren't either.

Practicing a few verbs can bring about a big change. Verbs that are inspired by our Loving All-Powerful Designer. A Designer Creator who loves us too much to leave us living as flunks. 

From Funk to Fabulous. Yes, it's possible. Not because I say, but because God says! Now there is something to DWELL on:) 

margi

monkjo@live.com  Always happy to respond to your comments and questions.