Tuesday, September 18, 2012

call to action


last summer ride

As I write this morning, it is a drippity day outside my window. On Sunday afternoon it was a beautiful sunny 70 degree day making it a perfect day to hop on the bikes. I snapped the photo to hold on to the last bit of summer fun. We are fortunate to live a half mile from our school campus. Chuck and I enjoy leisure walks and rides.

movin' indoors

We had friends over for pie and coffee this past week. Chuck's request? Banana Cream and Lemon Meringue. Proof that I can still roll out a crust:)

  

And because I declined a piece of pie (or two or hundred)...

 

I had some mini-mountains of clothes to sort through. I packed my dining room table with my past five sizes... Funny how many memories are associated with clothing articles. Enough said. I finished the task and found my table! Contented sigh.


I added the same .99 flower to my kitchen and laundry room this September. 

The milkjug I bought this summer at an antique store for $12. It is from Lawsons, our village milk market when I grew up. My favorite purchases included Mallow Cups, M&Ms, Fritos and pop.

 
 
What can you do with all the beautiful homemade cards you receive? I cut out the front of the card and popped it on a dollar store frame. (Thanks Diana for the two cards that grace my windowsill. Sweet memories!)
 
chalkboard update
 
>>>>>>>
 
Here is what has been locked in on my ipad for the past couple of weeks.
 
Don't burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don't quit in hard times; pray all the harder. Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality. (Romans 12:11-13 The Message Bible)
 
I am in need of Divine call to action in my life. I know no one more needy of refueling and aflaming than Yours Truly Sparrow. It is why I love to begin my mornings with God's Word.

Called into action. Together. Cheerfully and prayerfully.

margi

monkjo@live.com  I respond to questions or comments you may have. Blessings!