Monday, September 5, 2011

View in Blue

It is Labor Day afternoon. I have called off laboring for the rest of it. I hope you were able to prop your feet up and take a break too.

this morning's project

I have kicked around this garage sale find for a number of years. I was just about ready to pass it along to Goodwill.



Enter. wildflower blue.



And voila . . . finished project six hours later gracing my Gathering Room table. Perfect. Do you have a piece that is wicker or metal or wood that you are holding on to but don't just love? Go for it. (Paint from Walmart.)



it doesn't have to be perfect

(Funny, I just said that to Danae this morning as we were scurrying around getting ready for lunch company.)

Another garage sale find this summer (sorry I forgot to get the before pic). I chose the $4 chair because it was light weight and simple in design. The fabric on the seat was a stained beige.

Enter coworker and friend Donna who graciously shared some of her upholstery material. It was my first job of re-covering. I was happy with how it turned out. But it is not perfect. #1 - puckered corners. #2 - after studying it, I realized I put the material on upside down.



Donna gave me plenty of material to use and I could have easily taken it off and started over. I decided to leave it as is.

The chair sits beautifully in the empty corner of my office at work. A chair that reminds me that life doesn't have to be perfect to be enjoyed. And light bulb moment, I don't have to try to be perfect either. Whew!



and while i'm here

The view from my office desk. The Lord has given me a great place to work at Baptist Church Planters.






And because I need the reminder, this is posted above my doorway. . .



(View in blue to be continued next blog: master bedroom suite is FINISHED!)

To all my bloggy friends, may you bring beauty to those you love and where you live. Even puckered, upside down, less-than-perfect kind of beauty. Not the kind of beauty found in the lipstick tube - but the beauty of shared warm brownies baked in love from your kitchen, or the sweet homemade touches in your home, or your gentle spirit of serving, or a caring touch to someone who aches, or a kind word softly spoken. 

Break's up. Time to practice what I preach. Tomorrow our Gathering Room welcomes back my Bible study ladies. Lemon Blueberry Bread up next.

Sweet September!

margi

monkjo@live.com